Here are Some helpful DiscreetZ Questions and Answers:
- How do patent pending DiscreetZ filters and absorbers get rid of noise and odor from flatulence? By positioning odor and noise flatulence eliminators, made from activated carbon fiber, directly at the source of smelly intestinal gas and loud sounds, this allows bad gas to escape silent and odor free.
- What is a SilentlyFresh™ Filter? They are a round hypo-allergenic, multi-layer, thin filter 1.5-mm density highly absorbent activated carbon fiber designed to fix mild flatus when used alone and effective for extremely bad flatulence when used in tandem with a PowerGas Absorber. Properly positioned, they eliminate up to 100% of noise and foul smell.
- What is a PowerGas™ Absorber? They are rectangular highly absorbent 4-mm density activated carbon fiber absorbers for fixing normal gas when used alone or extreme gas when used in tandem with a SilentlyFresh Filter.
- Should I use a SilentlyFresh Filter and PowerGas Absorber together? Absolutely, this is the way they were designed to be used for maximum effectiveness to eliminate loud flatus noise and extreme odor. First, install your SilentlyFresh Filter as a pre-filter. Next, fold and install your PowerGas Absorber accordion style.
- Are Discreetz designed for daily use? Definitely yes; however, some will use DiscreetZ only for special occasions or particularly bad gas days.
- Can I use DiscreetZ if I have hemorrhoids or other anal irritations? Yes, however; everyone’s anatomy differs concerning hemorrhoids and anal irritations. Adding cremes and OTC salves can help for comfort. Check with your physician on these concerns.
- How do I fix mild to moderate bad gas preventing odor and noise effectively? Use your finger to install a round SilentlyFresh Filter snugly touching or inserted slightly into your anal opening. This prevents your anus and buttocks from reverberating or slapping together loudly while simultaneously allowing foul smelling gas to escape quietly through your filter, neutralizing odors at a molecular level.
- Question – How do I fix normal to moderately offensive bad gas stopping smell and sound effectively? Fold a rectangular PowerGas Absorber accordion style and tuck it high in your buttocks against your anus with no anal insertion, gas now passes silent & fresh.
- How do I fix extremely offensive bad gas eliminating foul smells and loud sounds effectively? Tuck a round SilentlyFresh Filter as a pre-filter slightly into your anal opening. Next, position your PowerGas Absorber folded accordion style snug against your SilentlyFresh Filter in your buttocks. You now have a highly effective dual filter system using a 5.5mm density of chemical warfare design high absorbency (CWDHA) activated carbon fiber directly at the source of noise and odor!
- Does it feel unusual installing a filter and an absorber in your butt cheeks and possibly your canal? Like any helpful new item your body is not familiar with, (i.e., tampons, adult diapers, face-masks, glasses, contact lenses, etc.) it may take a little time to adjust and feel normal, which can be worth it for the results attained by those who truly need an effective flatulence solution. Most DiscreetZ users say they quickly forget that they have a filter or absorber in place.
- Can I position my SilentlyFresh Filter touching my canal without inserting for some degree of effectiveness? Yes, for some this may work reasonably well. It always depends on your quantity of gas and the severity of your foul gas emissions. PowerGas Absorbers folded accordion style work better when your choice is to not insert.
- Should I insert a PowerGas Absorber in my anal canal opening? No, we do not recommend tucking a PowerGas Absorber in your anal canal opening since they are thick and not as comfortable when inserted. However, tucking a PowerGas Absorber by itself, folded accordion style, between your buttocks snug against your anus is very effective and comfortable.
- Can I simply tape filters to my underwear the way the other brands claim to work? Yes, however, this is not very effective since flatulence pads are too far away from the gas expulsion source, so, most gas simply escapes without passing through them doing little for odor and nothing for silencing noise. We supply double face tape in your Fart Elimination Kit to help facilitate this as an option if desired. Rather than taping, consider tucking a PowerGas Absorber, folded accordion style, between your butt cheeks snugly touching your anus, this is far more effective than taping absorbers to underwear.
- What’s the best way to tape a PowerGas Absorber and SilentlyFresh Filter to underwear? Position filters as close to the odor source as possible, using the double face tape supplied, rectangular PowerGas Absorbers work better for this purpose.
- Which salves, cremes and other topical medications can be used with filters and absorbers? All, over the counter ointments can be used for comfort of installation and all-day use. Some examples are lotion, petroleum jelly, antibiotic cremes, hemorrhoid ointments, etc.. Too much ointment makes it harder to keep your filter or absorber in place, which reduces effectiveness.
- Can I install my SilentlyFresh Filter without any ointment? Yes, if your skin does not get irritated.
- Should I use an ointment on, my skin or the filter and absorber? Apply ointments, sparingly, directly on your skin or on the filters and absorbers where they touch. It is important to use ointments sparingly when desired for comfort, this optimizes noise and odor elimination.
- Can I reuse SilentlyFresh Filters and PowerGas Absorbers? Activated carbon fiber can be regenerated and remain effective for some time; however, these filters and absorbers are designed to be disposable. Reusing filters or absorbers is not recommended due to sanitary risk. DiscreetZ recommends changing daily or sooner if soiling occurs.
- Why do I still hear some sound when passing gas? If you have larger quantities of gas or your anatomy is prone to noise from higher up inside your canal. installing your SilentlyFresh Filter deeper may be a solution for optimizing effectiveness.
- Why do I still smell some foul odor when passing gas? Gas escaping around the absorber or filter without passing through them is why some smell is occasionally noticeable. Remedy: Fold your PowerGas Absorber accordion style with a SilentlyFresh Filter installed first as a pre-filter which should be as close to the source of odor as possible. Forcing all foul gas through your filter and absorber eliminates all or most odor. Snug underwear also helps force gas through your filter and absorber. Experiment with positioning and watch our instructional, quick start, explainer videos for proper use and positioning.
- Why do I occasionally experience some loss of effectiveness after several hours of using my filters and absorbers? Normally, this is the result of filters and absorbers working out of place. This is taken care of by simply adjusting or reinstalling your filter and absorber closer to the source of gas expulsion, reducing the amount of ointments may help filters and absorbers to stay in place better too.
- Why do I feel some irritation when using my filters? Everyone’s skin reacts differently. Your skin may be more sensitive. Experiment with different topical salves or lotions applied sparingly to your skin or the filter surface which comes in contact with your skin.
Performance and Installation: